Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 9:32 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > I think I'm guilty of verbal inexactitude here but not bad coding.
> > Checking for *endptr != '\0', as I did, is not sufficient to detect
> > "whether an error occurred," as I alleged. But, in the part of my
> > response you didn't quote, I believe I made it clear that I only need
> > to detect garbage, not out-of-range values. And I think *endptr !=
> > '\0' will do that.
>
> Hmm ... do you consider an empty string to be valid input?

No, and I thought I had checked properly for that condition before
reaching the point in the code where I call strtol(), but it turns out
I have not, which I guess is what Justin has been trying to tell me
for a few emails now.

I'll send an updated patch tomorrow after looking this all over more carefully.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Probable CF bot degradation
Сообщение: Re: Probable CF bot degradation