Re: assessing parallel-safety

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: assessing parallel-safety
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Is there a reason not to make a rule that opclass members must be
>> parallel-safe?  I ask because I think it's important that the process
>> of planning a query be categorically parallel-safe.
>
> I'm not seeing the connection between those two statements.  The planner
> doesn't usually execute opclass members, at least not as such.

Hmm, I guess I'm spouting nonsense there.  The way the operator gets
invoked during planning is that eqsel() calls it.  But that doesn't
require it to be part of an opclass; it just has to be an operator
that's chosen that eqsel as its selectivity estimator.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: assessing parallel-safety
Сообщение: Re: assessing parallel-safety