Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 12:53 PM Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> One page still accommodates 32K transaction statuses under one lock. It feels like a lot. About 1 second of
transactionson a typical installation.

> When the group commit was committed did we have a benchmark to estimate efficiency of this technology? Can we repeat
thattest again?

I think we did, but it might take some research to find it in the
archives. If we can, I agree that repeating it feels like a good idea.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com