Re: make installcheck-world in a clean environment

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: make installcheck-world in a clean environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:12 AM, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it a supported scenario to make installcheck-world without performing
> "make" first?

The evidence suggests that the answer is "no".

> (If I do "make -C src/interfaces/ecpg" and then "make installcheck-world",
> then this error is gone. And when I set up all the extensions, all tests
> passed successfully.)

Your proposed fix involves inventing something called
USE_INSTALLED_ASSETS, but we don't need that anywhere else, so why do
we need it for ECPG?

I am not opposed to fixing this, but one might also ask whether it's a
good use of time, since the workaround is straightforward.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company