Re: parallel.c is not marked as test covered

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: parallel.c is not marked as test covered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> Regarding the patch that ended up being committed, I wonder if it is
> intentional that PL/pgSQL overwrites the context from the parallel worker.
> Shouldn't the context effectively look like
>
> ERROR:  message
> CONTEXT:  parallel worker
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function
>
> Elsewhere in this thread I suggested getting rid of the parallel worker
> context by default (except for debugging), but if we do want to keep it,
> then it seems to be a bug that a PL/pgSQL function can just eliminate it.

Several people have suggested getting rid of that now, so maybe we
should just go ahead and do it.

How would we make it available for debugging, though?  That seems like
something people will want.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company