Re: why do we need two snapshots per query?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: why do we need two snapshots per query?
Дата
Re: why do we need two snapshots per query?  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the -M extended case, we take a snapshot from exec_parse_message(),
> and the same two in the exec_bind_message() call that are taken in the
> -M prepared case.  So reducing the prepared case from two snapshots to
> one will reduce the extended case from three snapshots to two, thus
> saving one snapshot per query regardless of how it's executed.

And here are the revised patches.  Apply refactor-portal-start
(unchanged) first and then just-one-snapshot-v2.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения