Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 1:07 PM Tristan Partin <tristan@neon.tech> wrote:
> I was looking for documentation of PQsocket(), but didn't find any
> standalone (unless I completely missed it). So I just copied how
> PQsocket() is documented in PQconnectPoll(). I am happy to document it
> separately if you think it would be useful.

As Jelte said back at the end of January, I think you just completely
missed it. The relevant part of libpq.sgml starts like this:

    <varlistentry id="libpq-PQsocket">

As far as I know, we document all of the exported libpq functions in
that SGML file.

I think there's no real reason why we couldn't get at least 0001 and
maybe also 0002 into this release, but only if you move quickly on
this. Feature freeze is approaching rapidly.

Modulo the documentation changes, I think 0001 is pretty much ready to
go. 0002 needs comments. I'm also not so sure about the name
process_connection_state_machine(); it seems a little verbose. How
about something like wait_until_connected()? And maybe put it below
do_connect() instead of above.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com