Re: proposal: integration bloat tables (indexes) to core

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: proposal: integration bloat tables (indexes) to core
Дата
Re: proposal: integration bloat tables (indexes) to core  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are lot of useful queries (views), that are on our wiki. Some queries
> are necessary for maintenance, and I am thinking these queries should be
> integrated part of Postgres.
>
> Mainly queries for detecting table bloat, index bloat, But some queries over
> pg_locks should be useful too.
>
> Notes, comments?

It's likely to be hard to get agreement on which things to include.
But if we can, it might be worth doing.  It would be nice to do it as
an extension.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company