Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> writes:
>> That leaves me wondering if it's really worth extending INET, though.
>> TEXT would be just fine to store a textual scope id. And it makes it
>> utterly clear that there's no magic involved.
>
> True, but it would force users to disassemble and reassemble the
> "address%scope" notation, which is kind of a pain.

Yeah, but what if somebody doesn't want to store scopes?

ff::1%fourscoreandsevenyearsagoourforefathersbroughtforthonthiscontinentanewnationconceivedinlibertyanddedicatedtothepropositionthatlallmenarecreatedequal

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company