Re: New GUC autovacuum_max_threshold ?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: New GUC autovacuum_max_threshold ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 9:22 AM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Although I don't think 500000 is necessarily too small. In my view,
> having autovac run very quickly, even if more frequently, provides an
> overall better user experience.

Can you elaborate on why you think that? I mean, to me, that's almost
equivalent to removing autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor entirely,
because only for very small tables will that calculation produce a
value lower than 500k.

We might need to try to figure out some test cases here. My intuition
is that this is going to vacuum large tables insanely aggressively.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com