Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions
Дата
Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions  (Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se>)
Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
> Here is the patch split into many small patches as you suggested. The
> current patches are based on top of the patch which fixes the signatures for
> gin and gist functions.

Generally, I think that there's no point in changing many of these
contrib modules in this way.  There's no use that I can see, for
example, in running a parallel query using any of the adminpack
functions, so why mark them anything other than the default of
parallel-unsafe?

adminpack: Doesn't seem useful.
bloom: As you say, functions are never called directly, so there's no point.
btree_gin: As you say, functions are never called directly, so there's no point.
btree_gist: As you say, functions are never called directly, so
there's no point.
chkpass: Doesn't seem useful.
citext: Committed.
cube: I think we need a new extension version.
dblink: Isn't changing dblink_fdw_validator pointless?  The others I get.
earthdistance: Committed.
file_fdw: As you say, functions are never called directly, so there's no point.
fuzzystrmatch: Committed.
hstore: Does not apply for me.
hstore_plperl: As you say, functions are never called directly, so
there's no point.
hstore_plpython: As you say, functions are never called directly, so
there's no point.
intagg: Committed.
intarray: Does not apply for me.
lo: Committed.