Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I can imagine that many such hooks would have little use beyond PPAS, but
> I'm somewhat curious as to if any would have wider applications. It's not
> unusual for me to be working on something and think "gee, I wish there was a
> hook here".

Well, on the whole, we've adopted an approach of "hack core and
merge", so to some extent you have to use your imagination to think
about what it would look like if it were all done using hooks.  But
we've also actually added hooks to Advanced Server in some places
where PostgreSQL doesn't have them, and it's not hard to imagine that
somebody else might find those useful, at least.  Whether they'd be
useful enough that the PostgreSQL community would accept them if
EnterpriseDB were to approve open-sourcing them is another
question....

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Badly designed error reporting code in controldata_utils.c
Сообщение: Re: Badly designed error reporting code in controldata_utils.c