Re: Parallel Aggregate

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Parallel Aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it better to call it as Parallel Aggregate instead of Partial
> Aggregate.  Initialy, we have kept Partial for seqscan, but later on we
> changed to Parallel Seq Scan, so I am not able to think why it is better to
> call Partial incase of Aggregates.

I think partial is the right terminology.  Unlike a parallel
sequential scan, a partial aggregate isn't parallel-aware and could be
used in contexts having nothing to do with parallelism.  It's just
that it outputs transition values instead of a finalized value.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company