Re: Minor code de-duplication in fe-connect.c

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Minor code de-duplication in fe-connect.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 8:25 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> The reason I left it like this when reviewing and committing is that I think it
> makes for more readable code.  The amount of lines saved is pretty small, and
> "shuffle" isn't an exact term so by reading the code it isn't immediate clear
> what such a function would do.  By having the shuffle algorithm where it's used
> it's clear what the code does and what the outcome is.  If others disagree I
> can go ahead and refactor of course, but I personally would not deem it a net
> win in code quality.

I think we should avoid nitpicking stuff like this. I likely would
have used a subroutine if I'd done it myself, but I definitely
wouldn't have submitted a patch to change whatever the last person did
without some tangible reason for so doing. It's not a good use of
reviewer and committer time to litigate things like this.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com