Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:
> # Phase 1
>
> + stay on base structure (programm flow)
>
> + backward compatibilty (commandline parameter, sql-schema)

That's definitely required.

> + remove wxWidget dependencies
>
> + replace all wx classes with c++ classes (std::string, stringstream, thread
> etc)

Yes.

> + logfile has csv structure, that is needed in Phase 2

Why? Not sure what that has to do with porting to C++?

> (like 2013-12-01 12:13|DEBUG|bla bla ...)
>
> + remove mutex

Err, again, why? The mutex is there for a reason.

> + replace connectstring parsing
>

> # Phase 2
>
> + new impelenting of commandline parsing
>
> + move pgagent schema in separat database (better access rights...) this
> need a patch for pgadmin

That's very unlikely to be accepted - we intentionally use the
maintenance database for that, rather than forcing the user to use a
different one.

> + file_fdw configuration to show logfile-entrys over a sql view

OK, well that explains the CSV format above, but of course, this will
only work if the agent is known to be on the same host. At present, we
don't know that.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only