Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> here is it

Thanks. I've taken a brief look, and found a number of initial issues,
and have some questions:

- The new code doesn't match the existing coding style - you've used 4
spaces instead of tabs for indents, and braces to open a new context
are not on a new line for example. Please follow the existing coding
style to make the diffs (much) easier to read. You might also try
something like: astyle -n -p -b -S -t4 -k3 -z2 `find . -name "*.cpp"
-o -name "*.h"`

- There are no updates to the build system, which seems essential for
this patch. As a result, I can't compile the code at all yet.

- There are numerous comments that are clearly notes to yourself, and
lines of code that have been commented out. This needs to be cleaned
up before anything can be committed.

- You seem to have hard-coded the exit code from Windows batch job
steps to 1. Why?

- You also seem to have removed the connection pool. Why?

I think that's it for now. I'll look further when I can build the code :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company