Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Дата
Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On 04/08/2013 05:50 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>

>>> Agreed. As far as I can see things where handled in the Postgres way,
>>> when in doubt err on the side of caution. I applaud the efforts of those
>>> concerned and trust in their ability to build on the experience.
>>

>> Mostly I'd rather be arguing as to whether or not we should have given
>> Heroku early deployment
>

> No.
>
> That isn't to say I didn't understand that theory of doing so. I do.
> However, you essentially created a class of user that is above other users
> and that is explicitly not Open Source.

I'm not arguing either way here... but if you think of DBaaS as "the
new packaging", it starts to seem more reasonable to give folks like
Heroku access at the same time as the traditional packagers.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company