Re: compiling pgadmin on OS X

От Dave Page
Тема Re: compiling pgadmin on OS X
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Frank McGeough <fmcgeough@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking for suggestions on how to proceed.
>
> I've begun the process of compiling pgadmin on OS X (in this case its 10.7.5). It does seem to be problematic to
compilethis code on this platform. Currently I'm stuck on wxWidgets.

> wxWidgets 2.8.x requires the 10.6 SDK. Apple doesn't provide separate installs of their SDK. The SDK's are bundled
withtheir XCode installs. The 10.6 SDK is in 3.2.6 installer. I downloaded this from Apple's dev web site and manually
extractedthe SDK and copied into the new XCode location (under /Applications). I could then compile wxWidgets and their
demosand samples using configure like this :

> arch_flags="-arch i386"
> ./configure CFLAGS="$arch_flags" CXXFLAGS="$arch_flags" CPPFLAGS="$arch_flags" LDFLAGS="$arch_flags"
OBJCFLAGS="$arch_flags"OBJCXXFLAGS="$arch_flags" --enable-unicode --enable-debug --disable-shared
--with-macosx-sdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
--with-macosx-version-min=10.6

website : http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Development:_wxMac (under Building under 10.6 Snow Leopard).

> I passed in the following to configure :
>
> ./configure CFLAGS="$arch_flags" CXXFLAGS="$arch_flags" CPPFLAGS="$arch_flags" LDFLAGS="$arch_flags"
OBJCFLAGS="$arch_flags"OBJCXXFLAGS="$arch_flags" --with-mac --enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode
--with-macosx-sdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
--with-macosx-version-min=10.6

> This gets wxWidgets to compile OK but yields the following when trying to make pgadmin3.

I use the attached script usually - that gets me a complete set of
wxWidgets builds so I can test static vs. dynamic and debug vs.
release. It should also avoid most causes of the error below.

> configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin in the selected configuration. This may be
becauseit was configured without the --enable-unicode option, or the combination of dynamic/static linking and
debug/non-debuglibraries selected did not match any installed wxWidgets libraries.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

От: Frank McGeough
Сообщение: compiling pgadmin on OS X
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Slony Issue Fix in pgAdmin