Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:

>> They have a limited list of platforms there, but FYI, RHEL 5 ships
>
>> with Boost 1.41.0, so if that works, we're probably OK.
>

> Please have an look to this Page
>
> https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
>

> RHEL5 will be supported until 2017 or with extended support 2020!
>
> you realy want to wait another 4 or 7 years and use old libs and compiler?
>
> Is it not better to make an static linked version or to open a second branch
> (the number of patches is very low)?

We certainly won't support new versions of pgAgent (or pgAdmin) on
RHEL 5 for that long, but it is still in common use at the moment so
we're not dropping it just yet.

> nonetheless i will try to compile it with boost-feature from Boost 1.41.0.
>
> i must remove the atomic-feature. this should be not a problem.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Linreg
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review