Re: Explain details popover changes proposal

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Explain details popover changes proposal
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 9:17 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 at 14:43, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 8:36 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 12:37 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

I'm working on https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5488 and as per the discussion, we'll remove the current tooltip way for showing the details. Instead, we'll add some popover/panel upon clicking a node which will stay until closed.
Below is the screenshot of partial implementation.
I like the idea of showing details in the pop up.

I agree, though I think the presentation could use some work to make the table-like layout a little cleaner (maybe alternating row shading or subtle cell borders or something). Perhaps check with Aradhana or Chethana for ideas?

We also need to think about the details in the SVG file downloaded.

We ignore the popups entirely at the moment don't we? It would be good to render any that are open though.

We have put details in the title attribute, hence - it should be visible as cluttered text on hover. (Assumption - I have not tried).

OK, well it seems reasonable to continue to do that for all nodes. However, maybe we should also render any popups that are open at time of download - that way, printing or converting to a raster format will still display those popups.

— Ashesh

-- Ashesh

Please confirm if I can proceed with full implementation.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 12.31.06 PM.png

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Explain details popover changes proposal
Сообщение: Re: Explain details popover changes proposal