Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> This is the same problem we had with auto-tuning work_mem, in that we
> didn't know what other concurrent activity was happening.  Seems we need
> concurrent activity detection before auto-tuning work_mem and
> effective_cache_size.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but would mmgr have any
useful numbers on this? Like any book-keeping info maintained by
mcxt.c/aset.c? Would extending that interface help?

--
Amit

Сообщение: Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build
Сообщение: Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build