Re: remaining sql/json patches

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: remaining sql/json patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 10:26 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 10:11 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I haven't yet pinpointed down
> which of the LLVM's asserts it is, nor have I been able to walk
> through LLVM source code using gdb to figure what the new code is
> doing wrong.  Maybe I'm still missing a trick or two...

I finally managed to analyze the crash by getting the correct LLVM build.

So the following bits are the culprits:

1. v_output needed to be converted from being reference to a Datum to
be reference to char * as follows before passing to
InputFunctionCallSafe():

-                       v_params[1] = v_output;
+                       v_params[1] = LLVMBuildIntToPtr(b, v_output,
+
l_ptr(LLVMInt8TypeInContext(lc)),
+                                                       "");

2. Assignment of op->d.iocoerce.escontext needed to be changed like this:

                        v_params[4] = l_ptr_const(op->d.iocoerce.escontext,
-
l_ptr(StructErrorSaveContext));
+                                                 l_ptr(StructNode));

3. v_success needed to be "zero-extended" to match in type with
whatever s_bool_const() produces, as follows:

+                       v_success = LLVMBuildZExt(b, v_success,
TypeStorageBool, "");
                        v_resnullp = LLVMBuildICmp(b, LLVMIntEQ, v_success,
                                                   l_sbool_const(0), "");

No more crashes with the above fixes.

Attached shows the delta against the patch I reverted.  I'll push the
fixed up version on Monday.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com