Re: [feature]COPY FROM enable FORCE_NULL/FORCE_NOT_NULL on all columns

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [feature]COPY FROM enable FORCE_NULL/FORCE_NOT_NULL on all columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 4:06 PM Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Jul 7, 2023 at 18:00 +0800, Damir Belyalov <dam.bel07@gmail.com>, wrote:
>

> V2 patch still have some errors when apply file doc/src/sgml/ref/copy.sgml, rebased and fixed it in V3 path.
> Thanks a lot for review.
>
> I have updated https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/3896/ to staus Ready for Committer, thanks again.

I've looked at this patch and it looks mostly fine, though I do not
intend to commit it myself; perhaps Andrew will.

A few minor things to improve:

+      If <literal>*</literal> is specified, it will be applied in all columns.
+      If <literal>*</literal> is specified, it will be applied in all columns.

Please write "it will be applied in" as "the option will be applied to".

+   bool        force_notnull_all;  /* FORCE_NOT_NULL * */
+   bool        force_null_all;     /* FORCE_NULL * */

Like in the comment for force_quote, please add a "?" after * in the
above comments.

+   if (cstate->opts.force_notnull_all)
+       MemSet(cstate->opts.force_notnull_flags, true, num_phys_attrs
* sizeof(bool));
+   if (cstate->opts.force_null_all)
+       MemSet(cstate->opts.force_null_flags, true, num_phys_attrs *
sizeof(bool));

While I am not especially opposed to using this 1-line variant to set
the flags array, it does mean that there are now different styles
being used for similar code, because force_quote_flags uses a for
loop:

    if (cstate->opts.force_quote_all)
    {
        int         i;

        for (i = 0; i < num_phys_attrs; i++)
            cstate->opts.force_quote_flags[i] = true;
    }

Perhaps we could fix the inconsistency by changing the force_quote_all
code to use MemSet() too.  I'll defer whether to do that to Andrew's
judgement.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com