Re: BUG #7590: Data corruption using pg_dump only with -Z parameter

От Jan Vodička
Тема Re: BUG #7590: Data corruption using pg_dump only with -Z parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks. I've already looked. Problem was that Windows replaced '\n' to '\r\n', replacing bytes back '\r\n' -> '\n' solved the problem. It was working on 16GB gzip package.
It should be nice to mention this behavior somewhere.

Jan Vodicka

2012/10/13 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> writes:
> On 10/10/2012 02:38 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Windows, that doesn't seem terribly surprising: Windows will probably
>> do newline munging on the process's stdout, which will corrupt
>> compressed data since it's not plain text.

> pg_dump might want to refuse to write to stdout when in a non-plain-text
> mode on Windows if that's the case.

Actually, a look at the pg_dump code says that it does

                        setmode(fileno(stdout), O_BINARY);

so either my diagnosis is wrong or there's some reason why that setting
didn't take.

Jan Vodička