Re: how _not_ to log?

От Tim Spencer
Тема Re: how _not_ to log?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 26, 2013, at 11:27 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> That does not look like the entire message.  What was before and after
> it in the log?
>
> For example:
>
> ERROR:  role "foobar" already exists
> STATEMENT:  create role foobar encrypted password 'XXX';
>
> If it were not for the ERROR, the STATEMENT would not be being logged,
> in my hands.

    Ah yes, that's it:

Jul 29 16:12:39 staging-db11 postgres[28849]: [34-1] ERROR:  role "foobar" already exists
Jul 29 16:12:39 staging-db11 postgres[28849]: [34-2] STATEMENT:  create role foobar with replication encrypted password
'XXX';

    Interesting.  I thought I was checking to see if the role existed in the chef recipe, but I guess that's somehow
failingand so it's trying to create the role.  Somehow I spaced that it was doing a create role here instead of an
updateuntil you got me to dig into the log messages more.  :-)
    I guess I have some work on my end to do to make this work properly.  Thanks, all, for your help, and have fun!

        -tspencer