Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12

От Wim Bertels
Тема Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Using the datatype citext might be an alternative solution

Igal Sapir <igal@lucee.org> schreef op October 8, 2019 10:51:52 PM UTC:
I am trying to test a simple case insensitive comparison.  Most likely the collation that I chose is wrong, but I'm not sure how to choose the correct one (for English/US?).  Here is my snippet:

create collation case_insensitive(
    provider=icu, locale='en-US-x-icu', deterministic=false
);
select 'Abc' = 'abc' collate case_insensitive;

I expected true but am getting false.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Igal

--
Verstuurd vanaf een fairphone met K-9 Mail. Excuseer mijn beknoptheid.

Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12
Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12