Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL  (Roberto Mello <roberto.mello@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 28, 2024, at 1:51 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> *IF* people don't go overboard, yes.  I agree, but let's keep an eye so
> that it doesn't become an unreadable mess.  I've seen some really
> horrible markdown files that I'm sure most of you would object to.

Markdown++

IME the keys to decent-looking Markdown are:

1. Wrapping lines to a legible width (76-80 chars)
2. Link references rather than inline links

I try to follow these for my blog; posts end up looking like this:

https://justatheory.com/2024/02/extension-metadata-typology.text

(Append `.text` to any post to see the raw(ish) Markdown.

Best,

David