Re: Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard.

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

The file you downloaded is probably corrupt. I am not a Mac expert but tar would have unpacked it if it was good.

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Don Fox
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:03 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard.

tar -zxvf  postgresql-8.4.1.tar.gz

tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

THis is very  strange to me!

The file I'm using came from source forge.

Any hints about this installation is greatly appreciated.

Don Fox

P.S. The app that will using postgresql is written in python.