Re: Two division by 0 errors in optimizer/plan/planner.c and optimizer/path/costsize.c

От Piotr Stefaniak
Тема Re: Two division by 0 errors in optimizer/plan/planner.c and optimizer/path/costsize.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-03-28 11:33, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> Hello, Piotr.
>
> Thanks for report. But I'm having some difficulties reproducing issues
> you described.

Oh, if you want backtraces then either set a conditional breakpoint or
add your own Assert like I did.

> Also it would be a good idea to include these steps to regression tests.

I agree and I generally think that the more test cases touch previously
not covered code paths the better, even if it had to be run as a
different make(1) target. Although it seems that at least some people
would agree (see [1]), the "make check" split somehow isn't happening.

[1] CA+TgmoYMOFE94+3WG3spg9sqAjkv4siXjey+RDrMAMyE-VqsEw@mail.gmail.com