PG Log MultiLine Records

От Arvind Singh
Тема PG Log MultiLine Records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
we have been working on a CSV Log parser application in csharp.

we recently discovered that certain log entries or records can span across multiple lines.

in the sense, that the same activity has more detail in subsequent lines.

For ex, a select,insert query has
A query entry
A Duration entry
A Stats entry

and that is why there was a serious coding mistake in counting select entries, because the same select statement
is displayed in Query column twice and once in Detail column

So our application counted them as three queries.

My query is, has any of us come across more such examples or
:: is there a link or page explaining type of Log entries
:: Number of log statements a logentry type occupy.
:: or other finer details that we may overlook

it will be helpfull as we wish to release this application for all pg users at no price.

thanks arvind

What charm in words, a charm no words could give?
O dying words, can Music make you live
Far--far--away?
--------- (Alfred, Lord Tennyson in Far-Far-Away)