Re: Compressed binary field

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Compressed binary field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 10/09/2012 19:06, Kevin Grittner escreveu:
> Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> this automatic compression applies to bytea fields?
>
> Yes, but keep in mind that anything which is already compressed or
> encrypted will probably not compress much if at all.  Many of the
> binary objects you might want to store in the database probably
> already use compression internally.
>
> -Kevin
My files are mostly XML, TXT and PDF files only.
I already have separate tables for storing files, and avoid to query
them together with other stuff.
So, should I use

alter table MYTABLE set storage EXTENDED

?

Thanks,

Edson

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: checkpoint_timeout and archive_timeout
От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Bad pg_dump error message