RE: Popcount optimization using AVX512

От Amonson, Paul D
Тема RE: Popcount optimization using AVX512
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

When running quick test with small buffers (1 to 32K) I see up to about a 740% improvement. This was using my
stand-alonemicro benchmark outside of PG. My original 200-300% numbers were averaged including sizes up to 512MB which
seemsto not run as well on large buffers.  I will try the referenced micro benchmark on Monday. None of my benchmark
testingused the command line "time" command. For Postgres is set "\timing" before the run and for the stand-alone
benchmarkis took timestamps in the code. In all cases I used -O2 for optimization.

Thanks,
Paul