RE: Popcount optimization using AVX512

От Amonson, Paul D
Тема RE: Popcount optimization using AVX512
Дата
Re: Popcount optimization using AVX512  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Changed in this patch set.

* Rebased.
* Direct *slow* calls via macros as shown in example patch.
* Changed the choose filename to be platform specific as suggested.
* Falls back to intermediate "Fast" methods if AVX512 is not available at runtime.
* inline used where is makes sense, remember using "extern" negates "inline".
* Fixed comment issues pointed out in review.

I tested building with and without TRY_POPCOUNT_FAST, for both configure and meson build systems, and ran in CI.

Thanks,
Paul

Вложения