Standard in must be a tty

От White, Benjamin
Тема Standard in must be a tty
Дата
Re: Standard in must be a tty  ("A.Bhuvaneswaran" <bhuvan@symonds.net>)
Список pgsql-novice

I’m trying to initialize and start postgresql  under Red Hat 8 using the command:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start

The script fails, and from looking at the log, it would appear that the error “Standard in must be a tty” occurs when the script does a

“su” to the postgres user to run the initdb script.

The version of Postgresql is 7.1.3-2, and all components (lib, postgresql, server, and perl) were installed using RPM.

I appreciate the help – tried a bunch of things over the past 2 days with no avail…

Thanks

Benjamin J. White

Associate Chief Information Officer

Product Support & Technology