PostgreSQL 8.3.6 creating empty log files.

От Aditya Rastogi
Тема PostgreSQL 8.3.6 creating empty log files.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi , I am running PostgreSQL 8.3.6 on Red Hat Linux 5.5 and  am getting empty log files in the pg_log directory. I am running the server with the following configuration :

log_destination = 'stderr,syslog'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = 'pg_log'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
log_min_messages = 'notice'
log_statement = 'all'

Moreover , when I connect to a database on the server using psql client , 'show log_min_messages' reports the parameter value as 'panic' instead of 'notice' as specified in the postgresql.conf file. Can you please help me out ?

Thanks
Aditya