Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 6:05 PM, mark <dvlhntr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just wondering, which LSI card ?
>> Was this 32 drives in Raid 1+0 with a two drive raid 1 for logs or some
>> other config?
>
> We were using teh LSI8888 but I'll be switching back to Areca when we
> RAID-1 pairs in HW and use linux SW RAID 0 on top.  RAID1+0 in the
> LSI8888 was a pretty mediocre performer.  Areca 1680 OTOH, beats it in
> every test, with HW RAID10 only.  Much simpler to admin.

And it was RAID-10 w 4 drives for pg_xlog and RAID-10 with 24 drives
for the data store.  Both controllers, and pure SW when the LSI8888s
cooked inside the poorly cooled Supermicro 1U we had it in.

Сообщение: Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Сообщение: Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.