Re: silence and failure of SQL commands

От Robert Poor
Тема Re: silence and failure of SQL commands
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Lief:

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 13:42, Leif Biberg Kristensen
<leif@solumslekt.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 28 April 2011 22:22:24 Robert Poor wrote:
>> postgres=# SELECT * FROM users
>> +#
> The prompt for a regular user will appear as => while the =# shows that you're
> logged in as a super-user.

You are totally correct -- thou shalt not assume super-user privs
without cause.  I was using the "#" notation to be consistant with
Tom's previous post.

But this doesn't change my suggestion about changing

   \set PROMPT2 '+%# '

The "%#" token at the end expands to "#" for the super user and ">"
for us mere mortals.  So I could have typed my example as:

postgres=> SELECT * FROM users
+>

... which I think would satisfy the needs of new-ish users such as
myself and John.

- Rob

Сообщение: Re: silence and failure of SQL commands
Сообщение: Re: silence and failure of SQL commands