Re: Fix a typo in pg_rotate_logfile

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Fix a typo in pg_rotate_logfile
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 14 Feb 2024, at 11:35, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> That said, pgAdmin III has been out of support for many years, and as far as I know, it (and similarly old versions
ofEDB's PEM which was based on it) were the only consumers of adminpack. I would not be sad to see it removed entirely

Searching on Github and Debian Codesearch I cannot find any reference to anyone
using any function from adminpack.  With pgAdminIII being EOL it might be to
remove it now rather than be on the hook to maintain it for another 5 years
until v17 goes EOL.  It'll still be around for years in V16->.

If anyone still uses pgAdminIII then I have a hard time believing they are
diligently updating to the latest major version of postgres..

Attached is a diff to show what it would look like to remove adminpack (catalog
version bump omitted on purpose to avoid conflicts until commit).

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Вложения