Re: Transaction timeout

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: Transaction timeout
Дата
Re: Transaction timeout  (邱宇航 <iamqyh@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 30 Nov 2023, at 20:06, Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>

> Tomorrow I plan to fix raising of the timeout when the transaction is idle.
> Renaming transaction_timeout to something else (to avoid confusion with prepared xacts) also seems correct to me.

Here's a v6 version of the feature. Changes:
1. Now transaction_timeout will break connection with FATAL instead of hanging in "idle in transaction (aborted)"
2. It will kill equally idle and active transactions
3. New isolation tests are slightly more complex: isolation tester does not like when the connection is forcibly
killed,thus there must be only 1 permutation with killed connection.

TODO: as Yuhang pointed out prepared transactions must not be killed, thus name "transaction_timeout" is not correct. I
thinkthe name must be like "session_transaction_timeout", but I'd like to have an opinion of someone more experienced
ingiving names to GUCs than me. Or, perhaps, a native speaker?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Вложения