Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...

От Tobias Brox
Тема Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
2011/2/11 Віталій Тимчишин <tivv00@gmail.com>:
> If the list is hard-coded, you can create partial index  on
> account_transaction(account_id, created desc) where trans_type_id in ( ...
> long, hard-coded list ...)

My idea as well, though it looks ugly and it would be a maintenance
head-ache (upgrading the index as new transaction types are added
would mean "costly" write locks on the table, and we can't rely on
manual processes to get it right ... we might need to set up scripts
to either upgrade the index or alert us if the index needs upgrading).

Сообщение: Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...
Сообщение: Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...