Re: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 21/06/2010 21:26, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>
>>> On the post-creation, I don't see it as impossible. I see it as hard
>>> work, but possible.
>>
>> I'd love to know how you'd do that (note that I do not consider
>> "rewrite the table" to be an acceptable solution).
>>

> Arg, this was my solution :)

I think that's an acceptable solution, provided it works well. *IFF*
it is very very very very clear to the user that this is what happens
(extra warning dialog(s), please!). A lot of people have tables small
enough that this is not a problem.

And remember that it's not quite as trivial as one would initially
think - you still need to recreate all indexes and foreign keys and
sutff. But it's certainly doable.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns
Сообщение: Re: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns