Re: BUG #5809: bigserial duplicate value

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5809: bigserial duplicate value
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Melzaiady <melzaiady@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> =A0i relying on PostgreSQL to supply a default value,
> i=A0 have application at=A0 hospital and application appear error about
> duplicate value.
> There was a primary key on this columns but i found error form my
> application about duplicate value and can`t insert value then i remove the
> primary key constraint to try=A0 to find problem and try again i found
> bigserial=A0 put duplicate value on fields=A0.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a bug that's making the sequence return
duplicate values, because if there were, a lot more people would have
complained about it by now.  I think there's probably a bug in your
application logic, but you haven't provided enough detail to figure
out what it is.  I'd suggest examining your log files for clues, and
perhaps posting relevant sections of them here.

It's not surprising that if you're getting duplicate key errors and
you drop the index, you would then get actual duplicate keys...

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"