Can I check if a db connection is working?

От Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Тема Can I check if a db connection is working?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi List

I have a database handler with a persistent connection to a Postgres database.
The problem is that if the TCP/IP connection between the database and the application is temporaryly down then I have
torestart my application afterwards to reestablish the connection. This happens for example when the database is
restartedwith mode fast.
Is there any way to check if the database connection is working before using it?

Best regards,
Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Systems Developer

GoPinocchio