Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 19 Jan 2024, at 01:50, Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> wrote:

>   I did a little more checking and the reason I did not see the link MIGHT be because EXPLAIN did not show a JIT
attempt.
> I tried to use settings that FORCE a JIT...  But to no avail.

Are you sure you are running a JIT enabled server?  Did you compile it yourself
or install a snapshot?

>   You don't know a way to force at least the JIT analysis to happen?  (because I already knew if JIT was off, the
leakwouldn't happen).

If you set jit_above_cost=0 then postgres will compile a JIT enabled execution
tree.  This does bring up an interesting point, I don't think there is a way
for a user to know whether the server is jit enabled or not (apart from
explaining a query with costs adjusted but that's not all that userfriendly).
Maybe we need a way to reliably tell if JIT is active or not.

--
Daniel Gustafsson