No suitable driver

От Mike Kenny - CPX Mngd Services
Тема No suitable driver
Дата
Re: No suitable driver  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
My code is quite simple

try {
    Class.forName("org.postgres.Driver");
} catch(ClassNotFoundException nfe) {
    nfe.printStackTrace();
}
try {
    db = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:databasename", "id", "password");
} catch(SQLException se) {
    se.printStackTrace();
}

on execution I receive a SQLException stating that there is no suitable driver

This is my first time trying to connect to postgreSQL and I am stuck.

Any advice appreciated (career change is not an option :-)

Mike Kenny
Principal Consultant
Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd

Managed Services
* e-mail: mike.kenny@comparex.co.za
( Tel(W): +27 (0)11 266-5703
È Cell:     +27 (0)83 266-1437
NOTICE: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.  If you have received this message in error, please notify Dave Gilbert at Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd immediately, telephone number +27 (0) 11 266 5204.  Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination is prohibited.  Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss whether it be direct, indirect or consequential, arising from information made available and actions resulting there from.