Re: j2sdk1.4.2_01 vs. CLASSPATH problem?

От Andreas Prohaska
Тема Re: j2sdk1.4.2_01 vs. CLASSPATH problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

if you just want to get started with JDBC let me point out that
you should not work with any classes of the postgres driver
directly. The good thing aboubt JDBC is that your program
only uses the set of interfaces and basic objects defined in the
java.sql.* package and does not care about the underlying driver.

You don't need any "import org.postgresql." statements and
you should not catch "PGException". Catch "SQLException" instead
and load the driver with:

    Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
    Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://host/db");

The Java tutorial (somewhere below http://java.sun.com)
explains this very well.

    Andreas