Re: backend *.c #include cleanup (IWYU)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: backend *.c #include cleanup (IWYU)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19.02.24 08:59, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> There are other changes I don't understand. E.g. why is
>> catalog/binary_upgrade.h removed from pg_enum.c? It's actually defining
>> binary_upgrade_next_pg_enum_oid, declared in catalog/binary_upgrade.h?
>
> Ah, this is a deficiency in IWYU.  It keeps headers that provide
> function prototypes, but it doesn't keep headers that provide extern
> declarations of global variables.  I have filed an issue about that, and
> it looks like a fix might already be on the way.[0]
>
> [0]:
> https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/1461
>
> This issue also led me to discover -Wmissing-variable-declarations,
> about which I will post separately.
>
> In the meantime, here is an updated patch with rebase and the above
> issues fixed.

Here is another rebase.  Also, for extra caution, I undid all the
removals of various port(ability) includes, such as "port/atomics.h",
just in case they happen to have some impact in some obscure
configuration (= not covered by Cirrus CI).

I propose to commit this patch now, and then maybe come back with more
IWYU-related proposals in the future once the above issues are fixed.

Вложения