Re: Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92

От Mark Rotteveel
Тема Re: Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Sat, 08 Aug 2015 17:34:15 -0500, Prasanth Reddy <dbadmin@nqadmin.com>
wrote:
> 2. I am able to view the content in pgadmin, why would the server not
> complain when viewing from pgadmin. Not sure what the client encoding
would
> be when using pgadmin.

pgadmin probably doesn't apply any encoding, but uses the bytes as is.

> 3. Thought SQL_ASCII means the text is stored as ASCII format, may be I
am
> way off base on this. Is there a way to check the notes column for
invalid
> UTF8 characters and remove them?

0x92 is not a valid ASCII character, ASCII characters are in the range
0x00-0x7F. 0x92 is in the 'extended ascii range', but that is not really
defined, andvdepends on the actual encoding (the real character set), that
is why the conversion fails.

Mark

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92