Re: Show inline comments from pg_hba lines in the pg_hba_file_rules view

От Jim Jones
Тема Re: Show inline comments from pg_hba lines in the pg_hba_file_rules view
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01.09.23 12:44, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am not sure what you have in mind, but IMO any solution would live
> better as long as a solution is:
> - not linked to hba.c, handled in a separate code path.
> - linked to all configuration files where comments are supported, if
> need be.
If I understood you correctly: You mean an independent feature that i.e.
gets raw lines and parses the inline #comments.

Doing so we could indeed avoid the trouble of messing around with the
hba.c logic, and it would be accessible to other config files. Very
interesting thought! It sounds like a much more elegant solution.

> Perhaps others have more opinions.
> --
> Michael

If I hear no objections, I'll try to sketch it as you suggested.

Thanks again for the feedback

Jim

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: generate syscache info automatically