Re: Optimization outcome depends on the index order

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: Optimization outcome depends on the index order
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/12/2023 11:48, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>  > Because we must trust all predictions made by the planner, we just
>  > choose the most trustworthy path. According to the planner logic, it is
>  > a path with a smaller selectivity. We can make mistakes anyway just
>  > because of the nature of estimation.
>
> Even if we need to take selectivity into account here, it's still not
> clear why this should be on top of other logic later in add_path().
I got your point now, thanks for pointing it out. In the next version of
the patch selectivity is used as a criteria only in the case of COSTS_EQUAL.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

Вложения

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: [DOC] Introducing Quick Start Guide to PL/pgSQL and PL/Python Documentation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Avoid computing ORDER BY junk columns unnecessarily